From Jennifer Hundred Frame with Wool Balls
The Wooden Hundred Frame with Wool Balls from Oskar's Wooden Ark will help your children to learn counting as well as addition and subtraction practice with numbers 1-100.
It comes with 100 colourful wool balls. You will receive ten of each colour (red, orange, yellow, light green, dark green, blue, indigo, violet, pink, and white). The Wooden Walnut Hundred Frame is made from precious walnut wood and finished all naturally with linseed oil and beeswax.
One hundred dimples ready for your child to fill up while counting, creating patterns, practising mathematical equations, discovering cardinal directions, and more.
- Fill each dimple with a ball while counting from 1 to 100.
- The engraved lines help the child "subitize" numbers, which means they can perceive the number of items in a group quickly without counting each item individually. It is based on groups of five and whether it is more or less than five. They'll learn the number seven is five and two more. Or forty-three is the fourth row down and three dimples over. All without counting all forty-three dimples. There is a lot of good info available regarding subitizing. We were introduced to it through Rightstart Math.
- Practice skip counting by placing balls only in the number you're working on such as 3, 6, 9, etc. Notice the patterns that emerge.
- Designate a quadrant of the board for you and one for your child. Place the balls in your quadrant a certain way and ask your child to copy it in their area (either exactly or as a mirror image).
- Think of the board as a compass and ask your child to mark the dimple that is 4 degrees west and 7 degrees south from the middle point.
- Learn positive and negative numbers by designating the middle point as 0. Then play with the X and Y axes (X being horizontal movement and the Y axis being vertical movement). Thus, finding -3 on the X axis is three dimples to the left of the middle.
- Play games such as rolling a dice and adding that many balls to the board (starting at the top left corner). Then roll again and add that many. Continue until the board is full.
Please also have a look at our other frames and number coins 1-100. They are made for each other:
- Wooden Walnut Ten Frame with Wooden Balls
- Wooden Walnut Twenty Frame with Wooden Balls
- Wooden Number Coins 1-100 Set
- Alphabet Coins
NOTE: From Jennifer are handmade in the US and due to the different temperature, climate and humidity in Australia, occasionally this item may experience a slight bow/curve in the wood.
- Safety & Usage
- From Jennifer
Made in: United States
Available in: Walnut or Maple Hundred Frame with 100x Wool Balls in Assorted Colours, a Pack of 110 Wooden Balls can also be ordered (choose from the dropdown)
Colours: Red, Orange, Yellow, Light Green, Dark Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet, Pink, White (wool balls, 10 each)
Dimensions: L 29cm W 29cm (frame)
Materials: Walnut or Maple Hardwood, Linseed Oil, Natural Beeswax, Wool
Recommended age: 3+ years
WARNING: Not suitable for children under 36 months. Choking hazard due to small parts.
From Jennifer is an outstanding family run business that specialize in all natural and original handmade wooden toys. All items in the range From Jennifer give children something that is not only beautiful and fun but also educational and timeless. Learn more about From Jennifer...
Shipping & Delivery
Dispatch in less than 24 hours
Free shipping in Australia for orders over $150
Express Shipping & Local Adelaide Pickup available
International shipping to NZ, USA, Canada, Singapore and South Korea (some products excluded)
Please note, Australian orders are shipped by default with Signature on Delivery. If safe to do so, Authority to Leave can be specified during checkout.